Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
When talking about Brevilla, the first thing that clicks anyone’s mind is its exceptionally perfect Breville Dual Boiler. It is definitely one of the best coffee boilers that allow you to extract and steam simultaneously.
However, one thing that I noted was that due to its dual operation, it requires more frequent cleaning. Want to know how to open breville dual boiler, and have a thorough cleaning?
To open the breville dual boiler, you must carefully unscrew the four nails on the top and rear panels and two nails near the brew head. Then gently remove the two panels without stressing the small wires attached.
Hankering to learn more about the great breville boiler and its specifications and setup? Then brace up as the given article covers the dual boiler at the full length. Now, let’s go through the details.
You may also like: Is gold peak diet tea good for you
How to Open Breville Dual Boiler? A Complete Walk Through!
Have you used your boiler for a couple of weeks and now need help opening it? I completely understand the tough situation, as I went through the same a few months ago.
So, here I have come with detailed instructions on how to open the Breville dual boiler.
- Remove the water reservoir present at the back.
- Then unscrewed the 6 Torx screws present on the top and rear panels. First, unscrew the four on the rear panel and the two screws on either side of the brew head.
- As a result, the top and the rear panels can easily be removed. Be vigilant and careful throughout removing the two sections as the two sections are joined to each other as well as to various small wires. One wrong step and you can end up losing the entire machine.
- Remove the two panels. However, there is no need to unplug the wires or harnesses. You can simply put the panels on the side with wires attached without stressing the circuit board.
- Now you can see a box full of tangled wires. CONFUSED, Where to start from? Hehe! Stay calm, as that is why I am here.
- Just about the brew head, you will find a coffee oiler, followed by a steam boiler.
- Drain the steam boiler and coffee oiler twice or thrice to flush out all the excess mineral and lime build-up. To open the lugs, take a pilar and remove the probe. Now remove the clip, and here you go.
Now, your breville dual boiler is all open. You can perform the required action.
How to Set Up Your Breville Dual Boiler?
If you have bought a breville dual boiler, cheer up, as this magical machine has the potency to take your coffee to a whole new world.
The setup takes place in three steps:
- Initial start-up
- Flushing machine
Follow the instructions to start the breville dual boiler’s initial start-up.
- Take out all the parts from the box.
- Wash all the parts with water and then dry them. However, soak the breville filters in water for five minutes.
- Place the dried filters in the specified holders.
- Fill the water reservoir tank with water, and place the tank back in the machine.
- Place the appropriate baskets in the machine too. Use single wall filter baskets if you want to grind fresh beans and dual wall filters for pre-ground coffee.
- Power the machine to fill the steam boiler with hot water.
- Here you go! The standby process is complete. Now jump to the flushing part.
To start the Flushing machine part, follow the given steps:
- Opt for the 2 Cup water button
- Rotate the hot water dial through open and closed positions one by one.
- Then up the steam liver of the breville dual boiler to open the position and release the steam. Hold for 30 seconds, and switch back to the closed position.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 again.
Now, move to the final ground: START-UP.
Simply press the power button and turn the machine on. Wait for the power button to stop flashing. Once it stops flashing, it means the entire setup is complete, and your dual boiler is ready for the desired operation.
You may also like: How to fold chemex filter paper
How to Clean Breville Dual Boilers? Some General Instructions!
Is your Breville dual boiler popping the message CLEAN ME on the LCD?
Then what are you waiting for? Your Breville dual boiler needs urgent cleaning. Follow the given steps.
- Take the 1 Cup filter basket, and place it in the portafilter, along with a cleaning tablet.
- Lock the portafilter, and rotate it to the right to ensure that the handle is secured properly.
- Fill the water tank with water
- Empty the Dripping tray
- Press the menu button. The CLEAN CYCLE option will flash, followed by a PUSH display on the screen.
- Now press the Manual Button.
- Clean Cycle will display on the machine again, and a countdown of 370 seconds will start.
- Wait for the process to end. Then remove the portafilter.
- Insert a new portafilter filter and repeat the whole process without inserting a cleaning tablet.
- Here you go! The cleaning cycle is complete.
However, a general rule of thumb is to clean the machine once a week to avoid a large-scale buildup of lime, calcium, magnesium, and oils.
Breville Dual Boiler Tips – Some General Alerts!
Now we are up with how to open a breville dual boiler and its detailed setup and cleaning process. Let’s discuss some of its code alerts and errors.
Steam Lever Beeps:
It means your steam lever is either open or not closed properly.
Hot Water LED Flashing:
It shows that the hot water dial needs to be closed properly, thus preventing the machine from reaching the desired temperature.
If FILL TANK is displayed on the LCD, the water level is low, and you need to fill it with cold water.
It means that the machine is getting heated up.
It shows that your water filter needs to be replaced.
Breville Dual Boiler- A Short Review!
Before ending the discussion, here is a short dual boiler Breville review to help you figure out its perks and plus points.
My #1 RECOMMENDATION
Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
- Dual stainless steel boilers
- 58 mm heated group head
- PID temperature control
- Extraction Regulator
- Low-pressure pre-infusion
- High-volume instant steam
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand
- 58 mm portafilter
- Dual Pumps
Moving to the price range, it comes to $1599.95.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is the lifespan of an average breville dual boiler?
The average lifespan of an average breville dual boiler is 6 to 10 years. However, it can last for much longer if used with care.
What is a dual boiler?
A dual boiler machine comes simultaneously with two separate boilers for extraction and steaming processes.
Is a breville dual boiler worth it?
The breville dual boiler is one of the finest machines that help you brew and steam at the same time. Moreover, it comes with a PID temperature control and extraction to provide luxe shots of coffee with velvety froth.
How long does the dual boiler by breville take to get heat up?
Normally, the dual boiler by breville takes 10 to 12 minutes to heat up.
All in all, Breville dual boilers are one of the finest collections added to the coffee world. It offers perfect extraction, steaming, and frothing with utmost precision.
So, quickly open and clean your dual boiler without delay to enjoy the soul-refreshing shots again!