Hey there! This post contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. But it never influences our product selection process.
Keurig appliances offer you smart ways to complete kitchen tasks and enjoy your dishes even while cooking. Keurig k-supreme, with its single serving k-cup brewer, is no exception. However, if not cared for, it gives you multiple troubles, both technical and of cleanliness. One of the questions I had in the past was, “Why does my Keurig K-Supreme plus descale light stays on?”
The descaling light may stay on if you are not using the correct method of cleaning. The overfilling of coffee pods can also be a reason. You need a descale when something blocks the water flow, so looking for the blockage can help you get rid of the problem.
Have you tried them all? Still not answered? Don’t worry, the story doesn’t end here. There are several ways to solve the problem! Here are some tips to fix it:
Common Problems For Keurig K Supreme Plus Descale Light
Before jumping into the solutions, you might like to know the common problems. Listing out the major issues with the descale light would help identify the nature of the problem and a solution accordingly.
01. Keurig K-Supreme Plus Descale Light Stays On:
If the descale light of the Keurig k-supreme stays on, meaning keurig won’t power on after descaling, there can be more than one reason behind it:
- Most commonly, it occurs when calcium or mineral deposits’ build up inside the brewer and the machine’s efficiency is compromised.
- Sometimes, your descaling doesn’t provide you with a proper clean up and the light indicates that you require a revision of the cleaning method.
- Packing your K-cup too firmly will prevent water from flowing and keep the descale light on.
- If the exit needle is blocked, the same issue can happen. And the blocking of the needle can be due to coffee grounds building up.
Did you know that after descaling, if the thermal switch on the heating component trips, your Keurig coffee maker won’t turn on? If you face such an issue, visit this link to troubleshoot a Keurig that won’t power on after descaling.
Every problem has a solution that is concealed within it. Here, we handle it orderly.
- First, try the basic descaling method with the descaling solution. It will resolve the issue if there is no second issue.
- If the problem persists, even after descaling, you might need to repeat the method. You can even try the cleaning with vinegar and let it sit for more than an hour to break the buildup into pieces.
- Look for the proper placement of the k-cup to avoid blocking water flow.
- Take a paperclip or a sharp stick similar to a paperclip and pierce it through the exit needle to remove any dirt, coffee grounds, or mineral buildup in it.
02. Keurig K-Supreme Plus Descale Light Blinking:
One of the main reasons why a machine’s light blinks is that the device itself is broken. If the descale light on your Keurig K-Supreme is blinking, the following could be the issue.
- The brewer needs cleaning.
- The water being used is distilled, causing mineral buildup.
- Broken, bent or clogged entrance/exit needles
- Clogged valve at the bottom of the brewer
You can go for a proper descaling of the brewer to stop the light from blinking, but you need to make sure that the rinsing is complete. The last rinse must be with water rather than the descaling solution.
Here is a simple method to descale when the light is blinking:
- First, empty the water reservoir and refill it to the maximum fill line.
- Now press the 8 oz. button to start the brewing.
- When finished, empty the hot water filled cup into the sink and repeat the process.
- Do it until the blinking light no longer appears.
You can also try the Keurig 3-Month Brewer Maintenance Kit for a proper and convenient cleaning method.
03. Keurig K-Supreme Plus Descale Light Flashing After Descaling:
The descale light keeps flashing when there is still something not done inside the machine. Here is what you will observe:
The descale light keeps flashing even after the cleaning process. It would not go off even if you thought that the descaling process was complete.
Although the problem seems simple, it can be handled in multiple ways:
- Power off the brewer. Now press the 8 oz and 12 oz buttons together and then press the K button. The descale light and the K button light should be on in a solid state, not blinking. Now rinse the machine with water and repeat it 3-4 times. The flashing would stop.
- You can also simply try rinsing the machine with water alone after descaling, as sometimes the descaling liquid stays in the brewer and bothers you.
You can try the methods here to fix the Keurig Supreme Plus that won’t turn on.
Keurig K-Supreme Plus Descale Reset
There are several steps that must be taken in order to reset the descale button on a Keurig K-Supreme Plus:
- Fill the water reservoir with fresh water and place a mug in the drip tray.
- Press and hold the 8 oz and 12 oz buttons for 3 seconds.
- The machine will start flowing the water in when the “Descaling” message appears on the digital screen.
- The screen will say “rinse” once the water cycle is complete.
- Now empty the mug into the sink and place it again in the drip tray.
- Press the 8 oz and 12 oz buttons together again and repeat the water rinsing cycle once again.
- When the screen says “Add water” your machine is done descaling.
- Your descale light needs to be reset and made ready for use.
You may also like: Keurig model k920 reset
Contacting Keurig Customer Support
Always keep in mind that you will eventually need technical support when working with a machine. You can not be the magician of it all the way.
However, it is important to note when to contact customer support.
You should contact the customer support center if your DIY solutions for the descaling light don’t work and the light continues to malfunction.
For contact, you need to see the area where you live. Get the contact numbers and times to contact Give a thorough description of the issue in order to receive a reasonable resolution.
Still Have Questions?
Why not use the distilled water in keurig?
The distilled water is too pure and the water sensor may not detect the container being filled. So tap water is best in this regard.
How do I activate the descale mode on my keurig?
The machine is plugged in but powered off. Press the 8 oz and 12 oz buttons together for 3 seconds. Now, press the brew button to begin the descaling process when you see the descale light flashing.
What if the descaling is not done even after the process?
Sometimes, the mineral buildup is too strong to be handled with the descaling solution alone. Then, try the white vinegar in the brewer, which can solve the issue.
How often should I clean my Keurig k-supreme?
The machine needs regular cleaning, like rinsing it with tap water off and on. But proper descaling can be done every 3-4 months to avoid major clogging.
Descaling the brewer is a process that may seem tedious, but this is what helps you be friendly with your coffee partner. The longer the machine is kept in working order, the more regular maintenance you provide.
Cleaning every 3-4 months would be a better choice. As of right now, your remedies are working well. Keep trying, but if a power outage or other persistent inconvenience occurs, contact customer support. The machine would be more reliable with routine maintenance.